top of page

Sponsor your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner to Canada. Apply for super visa or parents and grand-parents sponsorship.

Family Sponsorship

Sponsor your partner or family members to Canada, including options for a super visa, or parental and grand-parental sponsorship.

Parental Sponsorship and Super Visa: To initiate the parental or grand-parental sponsorship process, follow these steps:

  • Complete an online interest to sponsor form.

  • If chosen, you'll receive an email invitation to apply for your parent(s) or grand-parent(s) permanent residency.

  • Submit the full application by mail within 60 days.

  • Upon receipt, you'll get an application number, and your submission will be reviewed for completeness and eligibility.

Sponsor Eligibility: To be a sponsor, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old, a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, or registered under the Indian Act; and currently live in Canada.

  • Have sufficient financial means to support your parents.

If you don't meet the financial criteria, consider applying for a super visa or a regular visitor's visa.

Super Visa for Parents and Grand-Parents: Qualifying for a super visa involves:

  • Being a Permanent Resident, Canadian citizen, or registered under the Indian Act, meeting the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO) requirements.

  • Your sponsor must provide financial documents like a recent Notice of Assessment, employment letter, and bank statements.

  • An invitation letter from your sponsor, pledging financial support during your stay, listing household members, and showing their status in Canada.

  • As an applicant, you need Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year from entry.

Spousal Sponsorship: Canadians over 18 can sponsor their spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, along with dependent children.

  • Spouses must be legally married and at least 18 years old.

  • Common-law partners must be 18 or older and have lived together for over 12 months in a conjugal relationship.

  • Conjugal partners must be 18 or older, in a relationship for over a year, and unable to cohabit or marry due to significant barriers.

For a successful application, provide ample proof of your relationship’s authenticity and that it's not entered into under false pretenses.

Submit all forms and required documents to the visa office in Canada.

Dependent Children: Children under 22 without a spouse or common-law partner can be sponsored. Those over 22 might qualify if they can't financially support themselves due to a mental or physical condition.

bottom of page